I was able to dedicate a good 4 and a half hours to this piece today and spent almost all of the time reworking the perspective and composition.
I tried realigning her with the 2/3 (golden ratio) mark, but because of her symmetry it looked sort of off. I’m going to try her at more of a 3/5 position for the time being, but might end up cropping her in a bit more to 1/2.
I’m really happy with where the background has come (see last post for the horrible mess it was before) since it shows good perspective and adds a real sense of depth to the piece. Similarly, I added some tangled wires about her feet with bring her a bit more into the mid ground and help to establish her location within the piece more strongly.
I’m considering adding a stronger light source for additional highlights and shadows, but we’ll have to see how I feel in the morning about it.
Anyway, this may be the last chance for comments or suggestions on this piece, so get yours in before it’s too late!