From the back cover:
Living on Earth is a self help/spiritual guidebook to help you understand life questions, such as: Why am I here? Why am I unable to create the life I want?
In this book you will learn:
– Your soulâ€™s reincarnation process, how you planned your upcoming life on Earth, and how you made pre-life decisions to help your soul grow in maturity and consciousness
– The evolution of your soul, from infant to old age.
– The meaning behind your life experiences
– How to find your life purpose
– The Spiritual Laws that govern the universe and how you can use them to create the life of your dreams, giving particular attention to the Law of Karma, the Law of Attraction, and the Laws of Creation (the Law of Intention, the Law of Request, and the Laws of Faith and Attachment).
– How to use the power of your mind to create, and how our thoughts impact everything around us
– The power of goal setting and how not to sabotage your own manifesting
– How to listen to your intuition
– How to take responsibility for your life
– The role of forgiveness and gratitude
– How to heal your inner wounds and your relationships
– The role of conventional medicine and alternative therapies, the mind-body connection, and tools to find self acceptance, confidence, and health
– Why diets donâ€™t work and how you can lose weight
Living on Earth is not easy but you can find your path to joy. This book will help you achieve health, happiness, and success.
I had the opportunity to receive this book for free, in exchange for my honest review, and am quite grateful for the author for the opportunity — it had already landed on my radar before I came across the offer. Â Â With that said, here’s my review from Goodreads:
| 3.5 stars, overall.|
The book has a rather interesting format, in that it covers a plethora of topics, albeit in little bite-sized chapters, each complete with at least two other books that the author has read over the past 25 years, and strongly recommends. Like Ms. Segarra, I’ve done lots of reading on many of these subjects, myself, so it’s nice to have some new reading recommendations on certain topics I might not’ve yet read.
Among others, the book covers the field of consciousness, reincarnation, the life between lives/pre-life planning states, soul evolution, the laws of karma, attraction, and creation, goal setting, manifesting, affirmations, taking action & responsibility, the human energy field, various possibilities for causes of disease according to several well-known, worldwide methods of deduction, conventional and alternative medicine practices (eg Reiki, aromatherapy, reflexology), and on to diets, weight loss, and exercise, and finishes with chapters on difficult relationships and soul healing. This is a LOT of topics for a 200-page book.
So, as stated with the reading recommendations, this book is an extremely good jumping-off point for a number of topics. Lots of quotes, her writing style is light, and it’s an easy read, easy to pick up anytime and read a small chapter. That said, for the cons, some of the chapter choices seem odd — I barely even skimmed the chapters on dieting, weight loss and exercise, as they seemed out of place — and some of them were far too short for my area of interest. Just when it was getting good, it was time for a new chapter and I need to go find another book on the topic.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, and am grateful to the author for this opportunity.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_syndicated() in /home/tamra/blog.directoryofillustration.com/wp-content/themes/ubergrid/single.php on line 76